Classification of a fish koi
Fish koi have many different colors. Some of the major colors are white, black, red, yellow, blue, and cream.
If you have seriously decided to get at yourselves which, the good management necessarily is required to you to understand complex classification koi will learn to look after them. The basic breeds differing on painting, are shown on this village; besides WHICH differ on a structure of a surface of a body. The majority of breeds does not have metal shine, but at popular breed last years Ð¾Ð³Ð¾Ð½ the scales has metal shine - golden or silvery (Platinum ogon).
The version deduced in Germany Doitsu at all has no scales, except for several strips from large scales on each side or on a back. Transparent fish koi have imperceptible brown or grey painting.
- Kohaku - a white-skinned Koi, with a red pattern
- Taisho Sanshoku (Sanke) - a white-skinned Koi with a red and black pattern
- Showa Sanshoku (Showa) - a black-skinned Koi with a red and white pattern
- Tancho - Any koi with the only red being in a circle on its forehead. The fish can be a Tancho Showa, Tancho Sanke, or even Tancho Goshiki
- Asagi - a Koi with light blue scales on its top and red scales on its bottom
- Shusui - the partially scaled version of an Asagi
- Bekko - a white, red, or yellow-skinned Koi with a black pattern
- Utsurimono - a black Koi with a red, white, or yellow pattern
- Goshiki - a mostly black Koi with red, white, brown, and blue accents
- Ogon - a Koi that is one solid color, can be regular or metallic; known colors - red, orange, platinum, yellow and cream
- Kin Gin Rin - a Koi with shiny scales. The name translates into English as "Gold Silver Scales" There are also Gin Rin versions of almost any other type of koi.
- Kawarimono (kawarigoi) - Miscellaneous types of Koi
- Koromo - Koi with areas of blue-edged scales aligned neatly
- Hikari-Moyomono - Koi with coloured patterns over a metallic base, and koi in two metallic colours
- Ghost koi - "Hybrid" of Ogon and wild carp. Not Nishikigoi.
- Butterfly koi - Long-finned version of all others. Not Nishikigoi